Happy Birthday Dad!

I know how much my dad loves his hats. I made him a '4-pack' of fleece hats for Christmas. For his birthday last week, I made him a scarf and hat to match. I thought he might like something slightly dressier for wearing to work.


Once again, I dipped into my scrap bin for yarn. This is a charcoal grey and black blended yarn. It is quite soft and has a lovely knobby texture. The scarf was knit in garter stitch with size 13 needles. It is approximately 6 inches wide and 4 feet long. The hat is another go at The Flap Dash hat from Simple Knits. I added two increase rows then continued in half double crochet instead of double crochet to finish the body of the hat. I made the ear flaps 20 stitches apart along the back of the hat and I added an additional 5 chain to the ties. Hope he likes them!

UPDATE: I think he likes them!!



0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered By Blogger

Design by Blogger Templates