The Butterfly Hat

Today's project was a quick hat for Ophelia. I found this pattern at Vallieskids and it's called Olivia's Butterfly.



More scrap yarn and my J hook made this an easy afternoon project. The yarn is a mauve colored worsted weight acrylic that has a bit of sparkle woven into it. I knit this to pattern with the exception of the 'body' of the butterfly. The pattern called for one stitch to create the body, but I used 5 to give it a fatter body.  I can't wait to see the look on Ophelia's face when she finds this at her place at the table in the morning. I will post another picture of her wearing it tomorrow!

Update: She loves it! She's been wearing it since she got it this morning!



1 comments:

~ Kim ~ said...

So very cute. I love the hat you made. I found you from the pattern link. I have just learned to crochet so I am going to give it a go. I was a bit worried because someone said it was in American terms so I am hoping I understand it. Your version is so cute.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered By Blogger

Design by Blogger Templates