A Wristlet for My Sister

Wristlet with Lap Closure

Flashback to December 2009. I was frantically sewing projects for Christmas presents: hats for my dad and brother in-law; soap socks, bag cozies, and scented sachets for our family gift swap, outfits for my girls. But what to make for my sister? She can be a tough one! I had gone to a very fun Cardmaking Class in November and I had decided that I was going to gift the cards I made to her, but that just didn't seem like it was enough. Then I stumbled upon this great Wristlet Tutorial at Javajem Knits. Perfect. And I had just enough fabric left over from a bag I had made for her! YAY! I didn't have a zipper on hand, so I modified the pattern slightly to make a lap closure on the wristlet. And I made it just the right size to fit those hand made cards into. So now she has a nice little 'card wallet' that she can keep in her matching shoulder bag. And when all of those cards are used up, she can use it to keep other junk in! Cute, and surprisingly easy. I used scrap fabric, lightweight fusible web scraps, and coordinating thread. Be sure to check out the links above to see the cool cards I made and also to see the entire tutorial on how to make one yourself!


Happy Crafting!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Powered By Blogger

Design by Blogger Templates